Friday, December 4, 2009

Effectual Fervent Prayer!!

Well, after Wednesday we thought my surgery would probably be January 5.  The doctor was hoping for a cancellation on December 18.  I really wanted my surgery earlier for a few reasons.  One is that earlier surgery means earlier chemo.  I'm ready to get started fighting this "giant" rather than reading about it. 

Another reason was that I really didn't want to miss teaching school.  My boys have worked so hard and have been very diligent about their studies.  They will finish all of the class work that I had scheduled to finish before Christmas this next week.  I wanted to be able to finish the first semester with them in January. 

I have asked many people to pray about God's timing and that He would allow me to continue teaching through this.  This morning we headed to the park with the ladies to pass out tracts.  We had a beautiful day and an enjoyable morning.  Christa and I came back to the house and prepared lunch.  The phone rang and it was my surgeon.  He told me that he had a cancellation for this next Friday, December 11, and so he scheduled me for that day!  This will give me 4 weeks of recovery before school starts in January again!!!  Praise the Lord for the prayers of God's people and for a God who cares about my desire to teach!!! 

James 5:16  Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

I want to thank each of you who have prayed and the dear sweet notes of encouragement I have received from you on this blog.  You don't know me and yet you have taken the time to let me know you are praying.  This has meant more than I could ever express. 

We will keep this blog as up to date as possible.  I have it worked so that I can email on my iphone and send it to the blog and it posts it!  Isn't that just sooooooooooooo cool!!!!!  Christa will be able to email the blog right after my surgery.  Keep praying.  God's ocean of Grace is working! 

Kelly Anne

4 comments:

Tessa said...

Praise the Lord for the cancellation and that you will be home from the hospital for Christmas! I love you and am praying for you, Pastor and Christa during this very difficult time.

HOPE said...

What joy this has brought to my soul...as I prayed for God to intervene and get you in ASAP..before Dec. 18th!!! Praise the LORD!!!

Psalm 37:4-5 ...he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Now each time as I pass over our bridges and see that VAST Ocean...I will think upon his VAST mercies of kindness and grace!!

God bless you all with continued strength and courage.

Love with hugs..
HOPE

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

Dear Kelly, how wonderful to see the Lord working so visibly in your life. How Great our God is!!! May all your prayers be answered according to God's riches in Glory and His will for you. Praying for you and your family. Get well very soon!!! May your teaching be accomplished as your heart desires. love to you, connie from Texas

Maranatha said...

We are praying for you as you get ready for the surgery! Praise the Lord for the cancellation!!!