Saturday, December 26, 2009

"...a friend that sticketh closer than a brother."


Through the many trials in my life, I have found that the Lord always gives me very special blessings that stay around long after the trial is over.  This trial is no different.  I had just found that I had a questionable mammogram and one of  the women in our church thought that her mother would be a great blessing to me!  Isn't that a wonderful testimony of a daughter about a mother?  Hope and I started corresponding and the Lord has given me a friend that the Bible talks about in Proverbs 27:17:

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Hope asked me if she could make me a handbag to carry my Bible and notebook in.  She is VERY artistic!!  She wanted to be sure that Christa was not left out and she made one for her also.  Today the dogs went wild with barking and Christa went downstairs to investigate.  The postman handed her a padded envelope and in it were these bags!!!!  Aren't they beautiful!  Mine is the pink and black one!!!!  They are beautiful and I appreciate them more than words can express.

Now, you would think that Hope is a woman without a care in the world!  On the day of my surgery, she scheduled herself for a mammogram.  The next week it came back suspicious.  This past Monday, the same day I got the news about my chemo, Hope found out that she has a 1 cm mass that is highly suspicious.  On this coming Monday she will be having a biopsy.  PLEASE be in prayer for her.  She and I have so many things in common, but this is one thing that I would rather she didn't have to share with me.

Hope, I appreciate you and love you.  Thank you so much for being my friend.  For listening when I was weary and for understanding when I was in self pity.  I'm praying for you.

4 comments:

Nancy M. said...

How wonderful that God gave you Pam
to encourage your heart. I will pray
for her this morning...Thank you for
sharing this wonderful lady!
lv-nancy

HOPE said...

Thank YOU for who YOU are...so encouraging...so full of faith...and a blessing to me as well...and that is one of my favorite verses..because so many women in my life have sharpened my countenance with their faith...as you now have as well.

I'm so happy the bags arrived so quickly! PINK to fight BREAST CANCER...

Now that my identity is revealed! ;) I thank you for your prayers and the lovely note here that touched my heart deelply.

God knows..and our paths have crossed for a purpose..to HIS GLORY and PRAISE.

Love and hugs from afar.
HOPE/PAM

Tori said...

Wow, aren't friends the most wonderful gifts God gives.
I'm so glad she was there to encourage you when you needed it.
Hopefully she wont be in need of encouragement too.
It's amazing how many people are touched by cancer.On my husbands side of the family, cancer runs in the women, I fear for my daughter but I know that God's not surprised by anything and He controls it all.
I hope this is your best year yet Kelly!!

Paula Micheal said...

Kelly,

Mom said hello. When I talked to them about 2 hours ago they were in Ohio. It's been a rough day with them leaving. It just wasn't a long enough visit.

It was a blessing to have them here for 5 days. They are planning to be back in May for Tabitha's graduation :) So I have that to look forward to.

Love and Prayers.
Paula