Sunday, January 24, 2010

Good Early Morning


Bruce and Avic Holding

Thought I should do a quick update.  Have had a terrible time with my eyes and the computer screen makes me dizzy!  Nothing new for those of you that really know me!  Anyway, I was terribly sick the day of my treatment.  Thursday and Friday I was very weak.  Friday evening I worked through the nausea.  I knew not to eat very much, but I guess I hadn't remembered that I should eat more often.  I have a routine of getting up around 4 am and having something with protein before heading back to bed.  The ladies of my church have been wonderful.  Bringing meals and sitting with me while Randy and Christa are busy.  Yesterday morning, Sunday for us, Christa came home and told me that the Holdings who were stationed here 3 years ago were visiting their family on Okinawa.  The Holdings are dear friends to us and really did so much around the church while stationed here in Okinawa.  They were always trying to be a blessing to all.  I was so excited to hear they were in church that I managed to get a shower and Christa did my hair.  Then off to the evening service I went to see them.  Made me cry to see them.  I know they didn't come to see me specifically, but I do believe that the Lord's timing was perfect and exactly what I needed yesterday.  The verse below perfectly describes the way my soul felt yesterday.  The Holdings were "good news from a far country."

Proverbs 25:25 As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country.

I could only stay for a short part of the service and then had to get home to rest.  It was so nice to see everyone!  Well, that is all for now.  Sorry such a short update, but I know some of you were beginning to worry.  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.  They are appreciated more than you know.

3 comments:

Nancy M. said...

Thank you for the update. I am so glad the Lord blessed you with the Holdings. I am glad you were able to get up and go for a short time as well. You are doing great with what
you are doing...Continuing praying
for you my friend.
love, nancy

Dave said...

Thank you for the update. We have been wondering how you were doing.I am so glad to hear you were able to go to church. You are so encouraging to me. I love you and we will continue to pray for you.
Love,
Desiree

Keith and Julie Loveless said...

Glad to hear that you were so blessed to get out even far a short time. When Mom was so sick, it seemed some days like she would never be back to normal. Will you loose your hair? That was hard on Mom even though she joked her way through it. Remember that this too will pass. God bless you.