Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Journey Continues

Well, this weekend I picked up a cold!  YUCK!  So my chemo port placement was put off until next Tuesday, January 12.  My husband tattled to the doctor at our appointment yesterday and told him how I had been working on Wednesday and Thursday.  By Friday night I had a fever and was in bed.  The doctor asked me if I had forgotten that I had cancer.  I just smiled.  Pray that the chemo will start on January 20. 


Now on to the subject at hand, the journey continues.  My old pastor, Dr. Hyles, always used to say, "Don't miss the journey for the destination."  I  must admit that my mind is focused on completing my journey as quickly as possible and with this mind set I just might miss some things the Lord has for me.  I am trying to remember this as time tables change.  The other thing about a journey is that one usually collects souvenirs!  Something you pick up along the way to take with you along the rest of the journey.  I really didn't want something or someone else to have to travel this journey with me, but the Lord had another plan.  My friend 'Hope' has been diagnosed with the same cancer that I have.  She will be having a lumpectomy on Friday, January 15.  Please pray with me that the margins are clean, they get it all the first time, and that it has not spread to the lymph nodes.  Hope has strong faith and I know the Lord will get her through this time.  She is experiencing that great wave of grace that only the Lord can send.

Psalms 146:5 Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:

8 comments:

HOPE said...

Oh My Kelly...I am crying over this wonderful post. I am soo thankful the LORD brought us together in this "journey"..what encouragement you have been to me! I had to chuckle when you said the Doctor asked if you remembered you had cancer! Isn't it like the LORD..perfect peace can bring our lives back to normal! By giving it ALL to HIM. Amen.
Don't you just love that gorgeous teapot! Yep that's me...HOPE and the TEA! ;)

PRAYING daily with you as we go along together...

BELIEVING TO SEE ..THE GOODNESS OF THE LORD!

I LOVE THE NEW LOOK...PINK!

HUGS..
HOPE

Paula Micheal said...

Praying for you Kelly! I throughly enjoyed your post.

Praying for you friend.
Paula

Nancy M. said...

Kelly,
I hope and pray your feeling better soon. I will pray for your friend Hope also.
Our WMS met today and we prayed for you. Bro Brian and Rebecca Johnson spoke today and it was a blessing indeed...
Kelly you are Grace.....
love, nancy

Tori said...

Great post Kelly. Your doctors right, be careful you're sick!
I'm glad that God allowed you and Hope to be friends during both of your trials.
Hope you have a wonderful New Year Kelly!
OH, btw, I didn't know that Dr. Hyles was your pastor.

Nina in Portugal said...

Take it easy.....praying for you and your friend, Hope.

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

Great post, Kelly and I am so happy 'Hope' has you and you have her.

Do please remember to be patient on this journey. It will make the going smoother. God is going before you so you just take care of yourself day by day and God will get you to your goal. praying is going forward for both you and Hope and may God be with you each day, each hour each moment and with each step that you take. love you, connie

Anonymous said...

Well I never thought of my mom as a souvenier, but if you say so....;)

Kate Plourde said...

Definitely lifting you up in prayer, Mrs. Kelly!!!