Sunday, January 17, 2010

"Take ye away the stone."



Pictures of the sunrise this morning over the Pacific Ocean from our porch!


Tonight I was able to go to ladies prayer time and then the evening service.  I  must say that I really love my husband's preaching.  The Lord always speaks to me.  Tonight was no different.  My husband preached about when the Lord commanded the people to roll the stone away from Lazarus' tomb.  The Lord could have raised Lazarus from the dead with the stone in front of the tomb, but the people had to do their part and exercise their faith by rolling the stone away first.  He asked us, "What is the stone that the Lord wants you to roll away?"  Is it the stone of doubt, discouragement, disdain, indecision, or fear?  Hit me right between the eyes.  Fear is my largest stone right now.  Fear of the unknown.  Fear of pain.  Fear of nausea!  I am going to ask the Lord for His help to roll that stone away!

After church we had some pictures taken.  I wanted some photos of us before I start chemo on Wednesday.  It was a blessing to see our people, sing songs, share praises, see the happy little children run, pray for one another, and hear the preaching of God's word.  I love our church!  I love you, Foundations Baptist Church!!

4 comments:

Nancy M. said...

Sounded like a wonderful sermon..I too have been there for things and am there even now..thank you
The beauty of the Lord shown through
with your morning glory pictures and
your family. I will continue praying
as you start your chemo.
love, nancy

HOPE said...

Oh how I LOVE that picture...I need a copy!!!

A wonderful Post message Kelly...

Wish I could have been there to hear the message..I'm sure it had an impact on all that heard.


You are such an inspiration to me and others...keep that lovely SMILE on your face it brightens the world!!

Love you and hugs..
HOPE

Tori said...

Wow, that sounds like a wonderful sermon. I bet it preached!

LOVE the photos!!! You have such a precious family, I pray we can one day meet face to face, who knows, maybe!

I'm gonna be doing some major praying on your behalf, hang in there!

Paula Micheal said...

Wonderful message!

Love the pictures all of them.

Paula