Saturday, February 27, 2010

After 29 Years, the Earth still MOVES!!!



Did you ever wonder if the earth will still "move" after 29 years of marriage?  Well, this morning at 5:30 AM we found out that it surely does!!  We were jolted out of our sleep on the 8th floor of the Renaissance Hotel in Onna by a 7.0 earthquake.  I jumped up, stood on the bed, and hollered at Randy that the room was swaying and we we were NOT on a cruise!!!  He grabbed me and flung me to the floor next to the bed and held me close while the building bounced around.  After a few minutes it stopped and we immediately tried to call Christa on our cells.  She was at home with the dogs.  Finally the call went through and she did a walk around the house while we stayed with her on the phone.  The only casualty of the shaking was my Royal Dalton "Balloon Lady".  She was the only figurine I owned that someone had not "accidentally" dropped through the years!  Oh well, we are all alive and no one was hurt!!!  Praise the Lord for His protection.  I decided that I never wanted to be on the 8th floor of any hotel again during an earthquake!

We did have a very relaxing two nights to celebrate our anniversary.  On Thursday evening the restaurant brought a cake with a sparkler burning on the top!  It was so wonderful.  They also brought two souvenir glasses made here in Okinawa.  After breakfast this morning, we came right home.  I didn't want to stay in our room in case of after shocks.  We had two of them - 5.1 at 10:30 am and a 4.9 at 10:45 am.  There were no tsunamis, although we did have a warning issued and so we decided to skip the early morning swim today! (Ha!Ha!)

You tube link for video of earthquake:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfbprlCgpGw

What a journey we have had so far this year!  Please be in prayer as I will have my 3rd round of Adriamycin/Cytoxan chemo on Wednesday.  I am NOT looking forward to it!  Two of the major side effects I have encountered are the smell of the chemo I have at all times that makes me terribly nauseated; and an acne rash on my head that starts on day 7 after chemo and stays until just before the next chemo.  Thank you to all of you for the notes, packages, letters, emails, calls, and prayers.   

Philippians 1:3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,


          Breakfast                                  Our view at breakfast
                                                        

My handsome guy!                                       View from balcony
                     





5 weddings yesterday                               My handsome man! 
Don't you love the 90% chance of rain they predicted????

4 comments:

Keith and Julie Loveless said...

Well now, who would have known love could move a city!? I'm glad you had a good time. I will be praying for you all this next week. I remember how hard it was for my Dad to watch my Mom go through treatment, and for us girls too. I will keep the whole family in prayer. Have a great weekend.

Nancy M. said...

Wow Kelly you just have such a dull life! :) God brings "sparkle and shaking to each day! :)! You look great in your wonderful anniversary pictures.....What a beautiful area..

I will continue to pray and for this next round and specific needs...
I am thankful all is well and safe and sound...Thank you so much for
sharing these moments...
love, nancy

HOPE said...

I agree...YOU DO NOT have a DULL life! The 8th floor! oh my...

It would sure be nice to hear my daughters voice at such a time..I get her answering machine!!! But her sister informed me she is alive and well on Facebook!!!

Gorgeous pics and so happy you had this nice time...

Praying as always fervently for your next and ongoing treatments...hang in there..you can do it..YES YOU CAN!!!

That CURLY BLONDE hair will be lookin nice on you in no time!!

HUGS...
HOPE

Alison said...

(Thanks Ma!) Mrs. Kelly, you are a nut and a half! Thanks for being such a blessing in my life! It makes my day to see you in church! We are continually lifting you up in prayer!!