Monday, February 1, 2010

The LORD hath done great things for us!!!

Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them. The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.  Psalms 126:2-3

The Lord has done so many great things for me! The delay in posting something new was not due to feeling sick, but rather to feeling good and being able to be part of living this week!!!! This was the first week since October that I have NOT been to a doctor or a hospital! It has been so wonderful to have a break from the emotional roller coaster. One of the very difficult things about cancer is that for a while it seems like the news gets worse with every new test and doctor appointment. The great news this last week was that though the chemo took its expected toll on my body, I did NOT have to return to the hospital for severe side effects!!!

I tried to go to school several days last week and did manage a few hours. On Friday I managed to get up and go in with Christa at the usual time of 7:15 am. The boys had big smiles on their faces when they saw me sitting at my desk as they arrived in the classroom. I had the joy of teaching that day and also getting grades and report cards ready for the parent/teacher meetings we had on Sunday before church. Saturday I was able to get up, dress, and work on my computer. I managed to get a heap of church office work done and I went to sleep that night happy to have the end of year paperwork out of the way! Also, Randy and Christa went to the airport and picked up our dear, sweet Autumn!! She is a single airman who has been in Afghanistan since July. We have missed her terribly and are so grateful to have her “home” with us again!!

Autumn

Sunday was a wonderful day!!! Randy and Christa dressed and left for church, while I slept. I took my time getting ready for the day and put the finishing touches on the dinner that Christa started before she left for church. We had the singles over for the afternoon meal and had a wonderful time. A young man, Matthew, has been visiting the services whose mother I “met” through an online breast cancer support group. He came for dinner also. I am continually amazed at how the Lord is working through this battle with breast cancer!

Sunday evening I was able to stay for the whole service. As I have mentioned before, the Lord always speaks to me through my husband’s preaching. Last night was no different. “Where There is No Vision”. He challenged us from the word of the Lord to have a vision for those around who might not have a vision due to the blindness of their hearts. I prayed in the middle of the sermon and asked the Lord to give me a vision and to use me this week to help someone around me know Him better. At the close of the sermon, I went to the altar and prayed. I felt my husband tap my shoulder and he asked me to speak to a young woman about the Lord. Heather wanted to know about the Saviour and Heaven and so we went into a side room. After a short time, Heather accepted the free gift of eternal life and what rejoicing there was! I was so thankful that the Lord allowed me to help Heather see that the Lord wants a personal relationship with each of us. When we joined everyone, my husband told me that Matthew had also accepted the Lord’s gift! What an exciting night! The Holdings were back and Mrs. Holding and I were able to visit during our “Sayonara” to the Banks family.

Heather and I

Johnsons and Holdings

Last week I asked Randy to take me for a drive today. We have been travelling between the church, home, and the hospital, and quite frankly I needed a change of scenery. So this morning we took our students on a field trip for pizza and to a salt factory.  Cristie, one of our moms, was gracious to act as a driver and chaperone.  She has to keep an eye on me!  It was raining when we left the house, but by the time we reached our destination, the sun had come out and we had a beautiful day. I had so much fun with the boys, all of our students are boys, and they really seemed to enjoy themselves. We even tried to hool-a-hoop! Yes, even Mrs. Johnson!!! As the verse says, “our mouth filled with laughter”. What a glorious day we had.

Boys will be boys!

Hool-a-hoop anyone?

A wonderful Chaperone!

WANTED!!


Now, the sun is down and I am off to bed. My journey this week had mountain peaks and some valleys, but I tried not to miss the journey for the destination. How about you?

6 comments:

HOPE said...

AMEN...and we ARE seeing the GOODNESS OF THE LORD!

Souls seeing their great need of our precious Saviour and receiving his perfect peace and everlasting life! PRAISE THE LORD!

Thank you for sharing so much of this goodness...You look so HAPPY and a radiant SMILE in all that you are going through..surely the GRACE us upon you dear Kelly.

Thanks for sharing the pics...they are great..

Love that WANTED pic..Cameron looks perfect for the part...but I'll take his cute litte heart for the LORD! He's wanted by ME!

We will not miss the journey for the destination...has just begun to blossum...perfect photo with this thought.

Love and hugs..
HOPE

Pam--in Estonia said...

I know the Holdings! Mrs. Holding is GREAT... I miss her. I'm glad you get to have her company :o)

Nancy M. said...

I am so happy to see the smiles on your face! What a great testimony of Gods grace in you life. I am so happy of Heather and the young mans
salvation! What a great blessing indeed!
Love the pics of your activity!

Thank you for sharing.
love, nancy musser

Susan said...

What a blessing to read about your good week, especially of the two souls saved this week! I pray you have another great week!

Keith and Julie Loveless said...

So glad to here things are going well. Isn't God great when He turns our trials into blessings? Kinda makes it worth it, to see someone encouraged or better yet, saved! Have a great day. Julie

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

It gave my heart much joy to read about your very good week. I am so glad to see how the Lord is taking care of you and what is more using you in wonderful ways.My what growing and strengthening you are getting from God who gives it. Hope you will continue to see good days and have happy times. Thanks for so much "giving" of yourself to us and others. I pray God richest blessing on you and your family.connie