Friday, March 5, 2010

3rd Chemo Round

Ladies Meeting at the Loop (a wonderful tea shop)


Dinner at Sams, my favorite restaurant, the night before my 3rd chemo.
How do you like my new wig????

Hello all. It is day 3 and I am not doing so hot. Nausea, fatigue, and other side effects. I only have 1 more of this particular kind of chemo. This battle is wearying at times and today is one of those times. I think the hardest part of all of this is my inability to be available to the ladies of our church. They have been such a blessing to me. One of our ladies just found out she is pregnant with her first baby, but today she was told that she might miscarriage. I would love to take her to dinner or take her some flowers, but all I can do is lay in my bed and pray for her.  I know the Lord will take her through this as He took me through some similar times many years ago. 

I see so many people suffering around me and wonder why I whine about my circumstances.  I have a wonderful husband and daughter who take great care of me.  A church family that would help at the drop of a hat.  A good doctor who is willing to listen to me.  And a God in Heaven that loves me no matter what!  Yet the side effects of the chemo and the swelling in my body from the steroids, really can discourage me.  Please continue to pray for me that I could conquer my self! 

I hesitated to share this part of my journey.  I want to always be positive, but sometimes the journey is hard and today is one of those times.  Thank you for your prayers and your love through this journey and todays particular battle.

Getting ready for chemo with Spot!

My nurses this week along with Spot!!!

5 comments:

Nina in Portugal said...

Bless your heart...I remember being pregnant with out 5th child. I was so sick...laying on the sofa with terrible nausea and fatigue...(Not comparing pregnancy to cancer,, mind you...just setting the stage...) My hubby was the pastor and I laid there on the sofa eating canned chicken noodle soup while my three girls dirtied the house, thinking about all the ladies in the church and how this one over here needed this...and this one over here needs this...and oh, that one over there really needs this....on and on and on....

I would let it stress me out.....but then I realized...maybe all God would have me do at that moment in time was pray. Maybe He wanted to use someone else for the things I was thinking about...allowing someone else to receive a blessing for "doing"....and He wanted me to receive my blessing by "praying"....

it was a hard lesson to learn....

Don't let the devil discourage you....

God bless you my friend....and your new wig looks Fabby!!!!

Good, strength filled, hungry stomach filled weekend!

Nancy M. said...

Dear Kelly,

I love the picture of you and your sweet ladies. I also love you new wig.. Thank you soo much for being real and allowing us to see life isnt always perfect but it can be
a tough journey but if we are continuing on with all our might ...
God is with us!
I love that my pastors wife (Mrs.Schaap) is real. It has helped me so many times. I am sure
your ladies are blessed just by your presence..I know I am!
Praying for you my friend.
love, nancy

HOPE said...

Oh Kelly what a testimony you are! Thinking of OTHERS at this time. It's the testimony of the LOVE of Christ within you and that compassionate heart you have.

Take care of yourself at this time and rest ...rest in the LORD...HE KNOWS. You'll get through this!! Remember HE is made strong in our weakness..HIS GLORY shines through and testifies of ALL HIS BEING.

You look GORGEOUS in the wig. I just adore it..so cute and YOU! You look younger to me in that cute bob! :)

I'm always praying for you...thinking of you with a heart of love.

HUGS
HOPE

Keith and Julie Loveless said...

Praying for you often. I've never been too good with nausea. I remember how sick Mom got, the first several months, she vomited every half-hour. I remember taking turns with my sisters and Dad holding her head with one hand and the pan with the other. Then one day we realized she hadn't been sick for a few hours, then a few days, weeks... and so on. Mom had a different type of chemo partnered with full-body radiation, so her reaction was a little different than most.
I just wanted to encourage you that this too will pass.

On a lighter note: The Lord has been opening doors for my husband and I in ministry that we never imagined. If everything works out, I will soon be a missionary-pastor's wife. And I'm scared to death! I keep thinking of all my limitations, then I read a post like yours. you've encouraged me. Thank you. It is through our weaknesses that God's strength is made perfect! God bless you for your testimony to newbies like me.

Paula Micheal said...

Dear Kelly,

Even though I've not been able to gett on post regularly. I wanted to stop in a let you know I've praying for you. I enjoyed the pictures of you and your ladies from your church. You are such a blessing and oh my what a testimony you have!! Love you friend,
Paula