Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Happenings

Sam's By the Sea

Well, tomorrow is the big day! My last AC chemo. In April I will have a scan to see how the chemo is working. I have a spot in my lung and two near my collar bone. If the chemo made them shrink, then my cancer stage will change. My doctor isn't real sure that it is cancer, but the radiologist thinks different. We will see. Please be in prayer for this!! At the end of April, I will start Herceptin for my HER2 type tumor. I will on this for a whole year. It is administered the same way that chemo is. One week after the Herceptin begins, I will start on my third type of chemo, Taxol. This will be every week for twelve weeks and I have been told that I will lose the hair that has still been hanging on, including eyelashes. The great news is that Taxol does NOT cause the nausea problems!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!

As I have stated in other posts, this time I have had a much harder time being out of bed. I did manage to make it to church a few times. I really miss the preaching and spending time with our people. My husband preached on marriage Sunday night. He made the statement that he would never want to live the single life again. After 29 years, we are best friends and it was fun to listen to the sermon and laugh at the mistakes we have made through the years! What a wonderful husband I have!!!

Our people have been so sweet to me. I have been CRAVING lemon filled, powdered sugar donuts!!! We have a family that has taken it upon themselves to make sure I get a weekly fix!! Such a blessing is a small thing like a lemon donut, but oh how much it means to me!!!

Last Tuesday we were invited to eat dinner with one of our young couples at Sam's (our very favorite restaurant) for the wife's birthday. When it came time to pay the bill, the waitress told us that our friends had picked up the check!! What a way to celebrate!! The next evening the couple was baptized!

Hubby, Me, Evelyn, and Adam

Lastly, as I have to spend so much time in my bedroom, my wonderful husband decided I needed some flowers to look at as I lay in my LOVELY king size bed!!


So he went to the store and came back with flowers and a flower box.  Then he drilled holes in the cement outside my window and place the flower box!  Isn't he THOUGHTFUL?!  You may also notice my Hoops and Yoyo C-U-T-E thingy!  I LOVE Hoops and Yoyo and last Wednesday after the baptism Mrs. McGuire handed me a gift bag and this was inside!  It even talks and tells me just how C-U-T-E  I am.  (of course I already know this!)


Well, off to get ready to go!  Have a good weekend and I will see you all next week!  Remember:
James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. 

10 comments:

Keith & Julie Loveless said...

I love your honesty. It makes your testimony real and attainable. So often people walk around acting as if everything in the Christian life is roses. Well, even roses are planted in manure :oP God bless you. I pray for you and Hope often.

HOPE said...

Great comment by Julie..so good to be REAL so that others will not fear...and know they are just human and that GOD makes ALL the difference...

and..a GOD sent husband adds to the blessings.

I do like your CUTE gift...

Praying daily ..and sending hugs over the ocean waves..

HOPE

McGuire Family said...

Thinking of you and praying fervently for you on this day and through the week! Hooray, it's your last big one!! We love you!

Debra said...

I have been blessed to read your blog this morning by way of Glenda's caring blog.

So sorry about your illness. I battled cancer (Hodgkins) many years ago and have been in remission since 1990 praise be to God! Please know I will be praying for you and your family as you go through these difficult days.

My son and his family were stationed in Okinawa a few years ago. Their names were Rachel and Scott I just wondered if perhaps you were aquainted with them as they attended a wonderful Baptist church there named Maranatha Baptist Church while stationed there in the Air Force.

Anyway, blessings to you and your family
Debra

Debra said...

I have been blessed to read your blog this morning by way of Glenda's caring blog.

So sorry about your illness. I battled cancer (Hodgkins) many years ago and have been in remission since 1990 praise be to God! Please know I will be praying for you and your family as you go through these difficult days.

My son and his family were stationed in Okinawa a few years ago. Their names were Rachel and Scott I just wondered if perhaps you were aquainted with them as they attended a wonderful Baptist church there named Maranatha Baptist Church while stationed there in the Air Force.

Anyway, blessings to you and your family
Debra

Nancy M. said...

Kelly,
Your words are always encouraging...
I am glad you will be going on the
new meds with no nausea problems..
I am also blessed with the thought of God sending His love via the lemon sugar donuts! How sweet (no pun intended)..
Your cute Hoops is the sweetest gift
but your gift from your hubby is wonderful...

I can remember when my hubby put up window boxes for me because he know I would love them...I did and
was so thankful.
Take care I am praying for you.
love ,nancy

Kevin Arthur - Ministry Musings said...

Will be praying for you as you start more chemo. I love your flower box, and the hoops and yo yo! Kelly you look great in the picture. I am so glad people around you are showering you with love, you deserve it! Love Amy

Tori said...

Hey Girl, sounds like things are moving along and as usual you are on top of everything. You really amaze me, honestly, not just saying that for your benefit.
BTW, that husband of yours is a real keeper. How sweet of his to think about the flowers, that really is special and you deserve it.
BTW, I love the wig, you look so pretty.
Hang in there girlly, I'm praying and my church here in Croatia mentions you often too.

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

God bless you, Kelly. Your are a blessing. Glad you got flowers and the donuts were special. I know you are loved by many. I continue to pray for you and expect any day to hear that the cancer is gone. Keep on Keeping on sweet friend.God has you sheltered in His arms. connie

avery said...

Hi...always a joy to read your blog! LOVE the flower box! Continuing to pray for you and as you minister to others through your illness. God bless~Aubrey