Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mountaintops




Abigail Miller is one of the people that ministers to me every day. She and I have never hung out as pals, never had coffee together, never talked on the phone, never even met. However, Abigail has used the talent the Lord gave her to write songs that minister to my soul and spirit. One of those songs is "The Mountaintop". The Lord is using this song to encourage my heart greatly through my current valley.

This round of chemo has been exceptionally hard for me and I have not been able to bounce back. I know the Lord is carrying me as I would just quit otherwise. I CANNOT do this journey and the battles that ensue in my own strength.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My GRACE is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

There’s that Grace I keep talking about!!! That’s how I get through. That’s how I can still smile. That’s where my joy comes from. His GRACE. If you happen to call or see me while my flesh is down, my joy seems depleted, my sorrow is deep; just realize that the Lord is working His grace in my life and a new wave is on its way.

THE MOUNTAINTOP

Some may walk on mountains, and drink that mountain air,
But others are not suited to stay for long up there.
It seems I've seen more valleys lately, in my pilgrim way.
The sun is often hiding, and the clouds are often gray.

Chorus:
Oh, I've not seen the sunset from the mountaintop in years,
And I've not seen the stars shine from up where it's bright and clear.
But I have never lost my faith in sunshine and in stars.
I know that mountaintop cannot be far.

So keep on climbin', pilgrim, and don't give way to fear.
In the mountain or the valley, the Lord is always near.
And He knows every step you take--He'll never lose your way.
The path He puts your feet upon leads to the cloudless day!

Sometimes we see the journey, and so forget the end,
But if we keep on holding to the hand of God our friend,
One day the clouds will break apart, and suddenly we'll see,
The mountaintop is right beneath our feet!

Chorus

I know that mountaintop cannot be far.

Keep on holding to His hand. If you don’t know my Lord, He wants to know you. He wants to hold your hand and take you through the valley and up the mountain to the top. Please don’t let this day pass without trusting in what He did on the cross for you! I am begging, pleading with you.

Romans 10:9-13
1. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
2. and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead,
3. thou shalt be saved. For with the HEART man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For WHOSOEVER shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Today I received an email about another pastor’s wife who is going through a very deep valley. We went to college with them. I know she took that step to receive the free gift of grace that the Lord offers to anyone that would take it. PLEASE don’t put it off!!

Maybe you have already trusted the Lord and you are going through the valley without Him. Take His hand and keep going. Don't give up!! Don't quit!!

"One day the clouds will break apart, and suddenly we'll see,
The mountaintop is right beneath our feet!"

5 comments:

HOPE said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks so much for introducing me to her...what a lovely voice and wonderful words!

I told Aubrey about Abigail..and she said Mom I met her! Little did I know that she once sang at my daughters church..years ago.

YES Kelly...one day that mountain top will be under our feet! PRAISE THE LORD...and the valleys manifest HIS great GRACE!

Holding you up in prayer as with the others you have listed at the top~

HUGS
HOPE

Nancy M. said...

Kelly,
Your words ring true...I am praying for the ladies you mentioned and continue for you..
I love how you told "if your flesh is
down; ill etc...but Gods grace is working...How beautiful and how true... I will write that down for when I need it...So special..

Take care my friend. Your doing great with what has been given...
love, nancy

Glenda said...

Kelly,
I prayed for you today. I am watching my husband go through chemo right now too. And you are right about grace. I am so glad that God's grace is sufficient and like you said, "...a new wave is on its way." Of this we can be sure of because HE has done it over and over again for us in the past and HE will do it again for us in the future.

Love you,
Glenda Gieseler

Nancy M. said...

Kelly,

Prayed for you today...for Gods strength and grace...
I dont know if you are feeling well at this point but I know of someone who does and asking Him to careth for you!
love, nancy

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

I have prayed for you and I want to thank you for being such a blessing to me. God's grace has surely been sufficient for you, it shows in your attitude and your life. May the Lord give you all that you need and more and you give it away to others. Thank you for giving. connie