Tuesday, April 20, 2010

One Special Love

Pensacola, Florida

I sit and type this late on Tuesday evening, April 20.  Tomorrow morning I will enter the hospital to begin my next phase of treatment.  Tomorrow is also a very special day of celebration for us.  It is Christa's 24th birthday!  I hate that she has to celebrate her special day by sitting with me at the hospital for the evening service, but I am so grateful that the Lord has her in Okinawa for this time of my life.   

Soon after my mother passed away in March of 1985, I asked the Lord to allow me to have a baby the following April sometime around my mother's birthday on the 24th.  We adopted our son Eddie two months after my mom went to Heaven, but I really wanted a baby by the next April; a girl specifically.  As many women who suffer with infertility, every month that passed and I wasn't pregnant made me feel like a huge failure!  By the time the next April came along, I was bitterly disappointed.  There was no baby.  I felt the Lord had neglected to answer my prayer.  In October of that year we heard about our Christa.  We were told that she was about 6 months old.  I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when the social worker told me that her birthday was April 21st!  We rejoice at the miracle of Christa's life and the answering of my prayer by the Lord who loves me very much!

One Special Love is a song that I heard first sung by the Hutson Sisters.  It really touched my heart and Christa and I would sing it as we travelled on deputation.  We recorded a tape to help raise our shipping funds and decided that we wanted to get a recording of Christa and I singing this song together before she lost her little girl sound.  God truly has given us one special love!

Happy Birthday, Christa!  I love you more than words can express!!  Mommy





I'm so proud of you!

4 comments:

HOPE said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTA...what a wonderfull answer to prayer you are for so many! Isn't it precious that YOU were in GOD's plan all along...to be in this wonderful family that loves you so much.

I loved seeing the pics..and you must get Alison to do the "OKINAWA" portrait! soo pretty!

The LORD will surely have a crown for you in being by your mom's side at this time...for your courage, support, help and love.

Thanking the LORD that he placed you there after college..at just the right time. He knows..all things.

Blessings to you on your special day..and hugs to your mom too!
HOPE

Nancy M. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CHRISTA!! I ONLY KNEW YOU HERE FOR A SHORT TIME BUT WHAT TIME IT WAS WAS PRECIOUS!

WHAT A CARING; KIND AND THOUGHTFUL
GIRL YOU WERE AND ARE.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

LOVE, MRS. MUSSER
(NANCY)
Praying for you mom as you enter this next phase

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

Happy birthday to your God given daughter. I am so thankful that she is there with you. May God carry you through this trial on the wings of the eagles. You will be in our prayers and May God bless the live you are living for Him. love you, connie from Texas

Tori said...

Oh how wonderful to have such a sweet daughter.
Stretan rođendan ti
Stretan rođendan ti
Stretan rođendan Christa,
Stretan rođendan ti

Special birthday wishes from Croatia!!!

BTW, Kelly, can you please send me your shipping address. missionarywife2003 at yahoo dot com