Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lovely Lilacs and Hugs From Far Away!


I LOVE lilacs!  I mean I really LOVE lilacs!!!  I even smuggled a lilac cutting into the Azores.  I got it through customs, but it would never grow!  This week my Madrasta sent me the sweetest email with this photo she had taken in her front yard with her blackberry.  She knows how much I LOVE lilacs and thought it would be a special gift to send me this picture.  They live in Minnesota and this seems rather early for lilacs to be blooming there, but I know the Lord knew I needed a reminder of His love in the springtime. 

So many times people who love those going through difficult times just aren't sure what to do to encourage their friend or loved one, so they don't do anything.  When I opened this email and saw the picture, it was just as much of a blessing as if I had been given a tangible present.  More often it is the seemingly little things like a call, an email, a text, a picture, a hug, a hand on the shoulder, a smile, a listening ear, a hand written note...; that make the day seem brighter and easier to deal with.  Over the last few weeks I have received many encouraging emails and letters.  Thank you to all of you for helping to encourage me on in my battle with this disease.  I may not respond to all of you, but I promise you that I am blessed by all of you.

Lastly, I am doing well.  The muscle pain and weakness seem to have subsided for now and I am much more mobile.  The fatigue is beyond words, but I am not pushing myself.  The herceptin has caused my heart rate to increase, which makes it very difficult to sleep.  I feel like my ears are pounding all the time.  I am praying I get used to this.  Randy has had this since his cancer as they keep his thyroid medication quite high to keep the cancer from growing.  Christa is still doing great and continues to tackle the school singlehandedly. 

I received an email from someone recently that I  know in name only.  She wanted to let me know that she has been praying for me.  There may be some people that have never met me, yet read my updates and pray for me.  Time is one of those seemingly small things that means so much.  I want you to know that I am honored anyone would use their precious time to pray for me. 

1 comment:

HOPE said...

the Lilacas are indeed GORGEOUS...and for me ...a reminder of when I lived in Switzerland, these grew right outside my kitchen window..and many a time in my fiery trial there..they were that reminder of the beauty of God's creation..HIS handywork and hand upon OUR lives.

So glad to know you are up and about and as my daughter says..SHE IS SO CHEERFUL..what a blessing!

HUGS
HOPE