Wednesday, June 2, 2010

He Careth for You!

Well, today was my 7th chemo treatment!  Only one chemo left.  I will still have Herceptin, which is a biological target therapy.  The Herceptin is give through my chemo port every three weeks for one year.  I will have this until next April. 

Psalms 34:7-8 The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them. O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Today as I lay on my fancy hospital bed, that my husband has to handcrank for me, I was thinking about how good the Lord is and that He knows exactly where I am and what I need.  I heard someone say once that if they had gone to a certain place to serve, their cancer might not have been caught.  I want you to know that it has been my experience that God can and does find me anywhere I am!  Also, He gives wisdom and direction to people who may not even know Him so that we can get the best treatment possible.  We were on the mission field when Randy's cancer was discovered.  At the time, it was best for him to have it treated in the States.  My saliva gland tumor was correctly diagnosed in the Azores just two years later.  We were told to go to the States for surgery and we did.  Now here I am all the way in Okinawa, Japan, and God showed my need for medical care to a doctor at a clinic who referred me to my current doctor.  If the Lord has called you, never doubt His ability to care for you!

5 comments:

Nancy M. said...

Sweet wise words Kelly....
Thinking of you and praying for you Kelly that God would keep you in perfect peace throughout these treatments..God is good isnt He?
Thank you for sharing His goodness.

love,nancy

Deborah said...

Such an encouraging post! And the music playing is beautiful!

Tori said...

Oh Kelly, your very life is a testimony of grace! I am always encouraged by you and my prayer is that if need be I could also go through your valley with the grace and poise that you show.
I have missed reading your blog, although I have been checking in on your occasionally but not commenting.

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

Dear Kelly, you are a blessing, oh such a blessing, where ever you are or in what ever place in your life that you are. May God continue to bless you and give you all that you need. I look forward to the day when your trial is over and as you have victory each step of the way, Thank you so much for showing us what loving God can mean if we just trust Him. I truly love you, connie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such an encouraging post. Will be in prayer for your final chemo treatment and the Herceptin therapy. May God continue to give you all the grace that you need.