Thursday, July 15, 2010

The brethren of the poor hate him:...

Many will intreat the favour of the prince: and every man is a friend to him that giveth gifts. All the brethren of the poor do hate him: how much do his friends go far from him? he pursueth them with words, yet they are wanting to him.  Proverbs 19:6-7


The Lord has allowed me to meet many different people during my fight against breast cancer.  I was so distressed the other day when a woman on the breast cancer website I use, announced that her husband had left her.  He was tired of all the drama in their lives that cancer was causing.  I am amazed at the number of people who are left to face this dreaded disease on their own.  The verse above talks about these kind of "friends".  It is so true that when people are getting "things" from you, they are your friends.  As soon as you can no longer provide what they "want" or "need", they disappear.  How very sad this is. 

I just want to go on record for being so very thankful for the very best earthly friend that the Lord has given me, my husband!!  This fight isn't just difficult on me, but on my husband also.  Most of the days I have absolutely nothing to give him.  Forget about not having tangible things to give; many days I don't even have companionship, affection, or understanding to offer.  Yet, he loves me, cares for me, and sticks by me no matter what.  When I am having a grouchy, frustrating day; he loves me.  When I am having a sick, run to the bathroom day; he loves me.  When I am having a "I need help to do anything" day; he loves me.  He gives and gives! 
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;  Ephesians 5:24-25

Through the years I have had many people question me about the verses in the Bible that talk about wives submitting to their husbands.  Actually, I think I have the easy part.  My husband is to love me as Christ loved the church!!  Christ died for the church!!  My husband has big shoes to fill and he is a wonderful picture of the Lord in our marriage and in our home.

Randy, thank you for sticking by my side, for loving me even when I am unlovely, and for being an unconditional friend!!!  I love you.

4 comments:

HOPE said...

AMEN!!! What a WONDERFUL post Kelly Anne!

You wonder why the Scripture tells the MAN to LOVE..how hard it that?

like..VERY SACRIFICIAL!!

absolutely as you say...as CHRIST LOVED THE CHURCH...just as a true Pastor must love the church he ministers to..he loves the unlovealbe...has longsuffering to those who oppose his stands..etc.

What a great testimonial Randy!!

I'm sure the SMILE on your face Kelly is a great reward to his days!

God bless you both!
HOPE

Susan said...

Praise the Lord for a husband who stands by you even now, in the hard times! I've never understood a marriage breaking up in the midst of sickness; that's when each one needs the other the most!

My mother was sick with kidney failure as a complication of diabetes when I was a young teen. I didn't realize it then, of course, but as a married woman now I understand all the things that Mama wasn't able to do with and for my dad anymore. But, like your husband is doing with you, my dad stayed with her, took care of her on her good days and on her sickest days, listened to her and didn't fight back when she would say things she never meant, spent endless hours at the hospital after endless hours of work and Bible college (and then in the midst of pastoring), continued to take care of me . . . so you see why I don't understand anyone leaving a partner because of sickness?! I had a wonderful role model!

Aubrey said...

Thank you for your kind words. You're a blessing! Thank God for husbands like ours who love us UNCONDITIONALLY as Christ loves us! Blessings to you and yours~Aubrey

Nancy M. said...

What a wonderful honor you give to your husband. When I have been ill
( and I have been at certain times in my life) my husband has also been there. He has gone many extra miles to see that I have the care that was needed. I am so thankful and thankful for your sweet post.
love, nancy