Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall in New England!!









What a beautiful time of year to be in New England!  The colors are just bursting!  The trees look like someone hung brightly colored paper mache from their branches!  We are currently in Connecticut at a missions conference with Pastor and Mrs. Peslak.  Dr. Keen is the main speaker and the Lord has really been speaking to my heart.  Can't wait to hear him tonight!

Last Monday we visited with our dear friends, the Mellos!  Fellow missionaries from the Azores.  The next day we went for a drive, saw the gates of the city of Ponta Delgada (recreated from the Azores), and found Portuguese food.  Back at their home we chowed down and had a wonderful Portuguese lunch feast!!!  

The rest of last week was spent with Pastor Beck in Groton, CT.  A local dentist helped us out tremendously and fixed our teeth!!  God really does supply ALL our needs!!! 

Psalms 125:1-2 They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever. As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even for ever.

My Bible time was sweet this morning!  It is so wonderful to have the security of the Lord round about.  Even when I am not aware of it, He is protecting me!!!  Have a wonderful week and may you know the securtiy that comes from being a child of the true King, Jesus Christ!

PS  Did you notice my NATURAL curly new hair????!!  I am loving it!!!  A good gift from chemo!

7 comments:

Our7isheaven said...

Kelly,
We were in Maine last wkend and did enjoy some of the beauty of New England.
You are looking wonderful! Praying for you and for your friend.
Love you,
paula

HOPE said...

Like you said...Don't miss the journey for the destination!!!

I LOVE your hair! You look WONDERFUL..PRAISE THE LORD!!!

how sweet of you to see this as a gift from Chemo...

So happy to hear of your pleasant days and enjoying the lovely colors of fall...and great fellowship of the saints.

Take care Kelly Anne and know that I love you and send hugs..

HOPE

Nancy M. said...

Kelly,

So happy for you in the beautiful "Fall season" and how God has surrounded you with the love and care of others and with some energy and "new hair" (its beautiful although you have always the beauty inside)....God is good!

love, nancy

Tessa said...

You look GREAT -- love your hair! Praying for you -- Love and miss you bunches and hope to see you soon! Tessa

Tori said...

Oh my friend!!! You look awesome! you have a beautiful glow about you. Is that victory looming on the horizon???
Hey I like your hair! Was your hair that color naturally before? and curly??? Wow, love it!
I'm so glad that your walk with the Lord is so sweet right now, that's you coming though the fire like gold!

Sure am hoping to get to meet you once we're in the states.

I'm about to lose my internet so before I do e-mail me at missionarywife2003 (at) yahoo dot com and give me your phone number so I can call you when we get to the states. Who knows I may be able to make it up your way.

Praiseing the Lord for you and with you!

Trish said...

Kelly, how delightful to read about your visit to New England! I loved reading about your time with the Peslaks and the Becks. Patty is a dear friend from college days and Kelly Beck & I grew up in the same church and she was my souwinning buddy in college :-) I think New England is one of the most beautiful places to be in the Fall! So happy you got to visit there!
~Trish

Angel~a said...

I haven't seen your blog for a while, Kelly. I was so encouraged this morning as I read. Your photo is so pretty and you look great! I'm very happy for you, Friend.