Friday, November 12, 2010

You can dress 'em up, teach 'em manners, take 'em out, and still be embarrassed by YOUR PARENTS!!

I missed praising God yesterday as I wasn't around internet to post anything.  This morning I came over to Panera Bread just to get on the internet (yeah right!!)  While here of course, I had to get a bagle and coffee!  Did I tell you all that I LOVE Panera Bread!!!!!!!  Whoo Hoo!!

Anyway, I had a wonderful day yesterday with my Madrasta and my father.  I was able to be there during his OT time.  My Dad is such an overachiever, even in his recovery from the stroke!!  We had lunch with him and then he laid down for a nap.  We came back and got him up to go the Veteran's Day social.  We watched a video and then went downstairs for fruit, cookies, and coffee.  Dad wanted to sit in the sun, so we took him out onto the inside porch.  Now, you would think that on such a dignified day I could get a serious picture of Dad and Netta!  But noooooooooooooooooo....I guess Dad was paying me back for all the parents out there who try to take family pictures when the kids are little and they inevitably end up with a photo of someone sticking a tongue out or a finger up a nose.  You will notice the mischieveous grin on my Dad's face in the first pic!  I should have known something was up! 

He is holding US Airforce flags representing his time in the service to our country.

See what I mean??  He was doing the "see food" thing!!

Netta's help??  NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so grateful that I got to come to Minnesota and see my Dad and my Madrasta!!!!!!  I love you both very much!!

2 comments:

Deborah Bolack said...

I love these pictures! Glad you had a good time!

Our7isheaven said...

WOW! I love the pictures! Funny though I think Dads do that to us for the very reason you mentioned :)