Friday, March 18, 2011

So MANY Things!!


From my living room window!

I know many of you have contacted me asking WHERE in the world have I gone!!  A furlough missionary is sooooooo busy!  Our schedule is usually - have a treatment, go to meetings, come back in time for next treatment.  This last trip to New England was wonderful and a huge blessing.  However, I arrived back with the flu!!!  NO FUN!!  On the way back to Ohio, my husband had to keep pulling over so I could be sick on the side of the road!  Ahh, the romantic life of a missionary!  I want you to know that I am NOT complaining!!!  On the contrary, I am grateful for our many meetings and the supporting churches that want to see us while we are in the States on furlough.

UPDATES:
My DAD - is doing GREAT!!!  He is amazing and so is my Madrasta!  Dad is in PT and has made great strides.  He likes being challenged and rises to meet the challenge.  My Madrasta is making sure that he is getting what he needs so he can be more independent each day (something very important to my Dad!)  My only regret is not being able to see him more!

Christa - loves teaching, but is looking forward to Spring Break, which starts today!  She has not ceased to be a blessing to her parents!!  Fer sure and fer certain!!

My GREAT Hubby - Busy setting up meetings, studying, preaching missions conferences, travelling, taking care of ME!  In January, he made a trip to Okinawa for a Bible conference at our church.  Last month we celebrated 30 years as husband and wife.  I will be writing a post devoted strictly to this event.  This is the first time he has been home for longer than 3 days since last Fall.

ME?? - Blessed beyond all measure!  May will finally end my chemo!!  Whoo Hoo!  Then the retesting will start to see how the chemo worked.  Please be in prayer about this.  Hair is growing back!!!!!!!  Body tired, but spirit is wonderful! 

Japan - PLEASE continue to pray for the people of Japan.  I know the Lord wants to use this terrible disaster for His glory.  Praise Him for the missionaries that are already there helping the Japanese people.  Our church in Okinawa is fine.  Okinawa is about as far away from Tokyo as New York to Key West. 

1 comment:

Tori said...

hey there my friend, I'm so glad to know that you are doing so well. I was just thinking about you. Sounds like your busy with furlough and getting well.
Praying for God's blessings on you folks!!!