Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy Birthday, Christa!! Our Darling Daughter!!


What can I say that I haven't said or thought a million times!  How BLESSED we have been since Christa came into our lives.  Her joyful spirit are so very encouraging in good and bad times!  She truly loves the Lord and though she is not perfect (she has us as parents afterall!), she is about as perfect a daughter than anyone could ask for!  Today she is a 1/4 century old!  So hard to believe that she has been on this earth so long!  Where did the time go? 

Christa was not "born" into our family, but the Lord placed a special little girl into this mother's lonely arms many years ago and I am forever grateful!  There is a plaque that has hung in our children's rooms since the day they came into our home.  It contains this beautiful sentiment:

Not flesh of my flesh nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
you didn't grow under my heart, but in it.

I love you, Christa!!! 


I'll bet you can tell that one of Christa's greatest assest is her wonderful spirit!

3 comments:

Debra said...

Beautiful blog dedicated to a beautiful young lady! Happy Birthday Christa!!

Debra said...

Beautiful blog for a beautiful young lady!! Happy Birthday, Christa!!

HOPE said...

I've never had the priviledge of meeting Christa..but know from Alison and kids and your writings..and her lovely smile..she is all you say. Happy Birthday Christa.

Kelly.I rec'd a bad email from your addy. I guess you didn't get me note a while back...but someone did. I PRAY no one else gets it.

Glad to know you are doing okay.

HOPE