Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Birthday a Minha Madrasta!!

Proverbs 18:22  Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.


Every morning I read a Psalm and a Proverb for the day.  As it is April 18, I read Proverbs 18.  How fitting the verse above is for today, my Madrasta's birthday!  I know my father was truly blessed when he married, Annetta.  Over the years Annetta has been there through the many struggles of my father's health.  He has had some major heart issues since 2001 and she has been there all along.  My father's stroke in July started a new trial of fire.  Life will forever be changed for them.  Annetta's role has gone from lover to caregiver.  My Madrasta does have struggles and discouragements, but she keeps going.  She finds creative ways to work through the many difficulties and she has made a way for my Dad to have rehab, which gives him some goals to work towards.  I appreciate and love her!  The last verse in Proverbs 18 says:

A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

A very fitting verse to describe Annetta and her love for our family!  Happy Birthday, Annetta!!!


 

 

By the way, I LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment:

Nancy M. said...

Sounds like a beautiful lady inside and out...Happy Birthday to her!
Thinking of you as well Kelly!
lv nancy