Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy Homegoing, Teresa!

Yesterday at 3:30 pm, my dear friend Teresa lost the battle against brain cancer, but she did NOT lose the war! She is in Heaven safe, whole, and happy!!! I wanted to write something special, but her daughter's last update on carepages was so beautiful that I asked to put it on my blog. We shall miss you Teresa.


and now...Eternity!

It's hard to begin to tell about the events of today.... Mom went to be with the Lord at 3:30pm. She was surrounded by her family, and she went quietly and peacefully, just as we had prayed. Mom never suffered pain, and we are thankful that the Lord was merciful! Now, though sad, we get to rejoice that she is in her new home in Heaven!

I could tell you how it happened and share the precious details, but I choose not to do that here. If you'd like to know, then you can ask. I don't mind, really. I don't think any of us do. I'm going to post here a copy of her obituary as it will appear in Thursday's Daily News.

I thought Jodie at Brigham's did a lovely job on the obituary. It sounds so formal, but I think it reflects Mom's life well. I know the funeral isn't far off and that it didn't give much time, but I hope that some of the family from Indiana can come. It would be nice, so nice, to wrap my arms around them. You are so important.

As for Dad, he's doing fairly well, all things considered. He and Mom were "attached at the hip" as my Dad told his dear friend, Dale. It will be so hard for him, but he has family and friends to help him through this. Some of you have begun to help already with meals and tasks. Thank you for that. Also, some have asked...my parents did not have insurance, so there will be a significant financial burden. But God is good...always! We will trust in Him for our needs.
Well, it is very late as I write this, and there is much to do. Time to sleep if we can. I don't know what I'll do with this CarePage after today. Maybe nothing. We'll see. Take care, and as my mom would say...

"I love you sooooo much!"
~A
_______________________________________________________________
Obituary

Six Lakes - Teresa Annette Harkness, age 58, of Edmore; passed away Wednesday April 20, 2011 at her home with family by her side. Teresa was born August 28, 1952 in Noblesville, IN to Bradley and Anna Grimes. She was raised in Noblesville and attended Hamilton Southeastern High School. Teresa married Edward Harkness on October 5, 1968 in Lapel, IN; they spent forty-two wonderful years together. Teresa worked as an elementary teacher for Lakeview Baptist Church for fifteen years. Her many hobbies included sewing, reading, cooking, spoiling her grandchildren, and being involved with church activities.
Teresa is survived in death by her husband Ed Harkness; four children Angela (Jeff) Moore, Christina (Steve) Miller, Nathaniel Harkness, and Adam (Katherine) Harkness; ten grandchildren Michael, Justin, Joel, Emily, and Kai Miller, Bradley, Scottie, Jenni, and Dylan Harkness, and Reece Carson; four siblings Jeanie (John) Blazier, Larry (Mary) Grimes, Charlotte (Joe) Ridgeway, and Jeff (Jodi) Grimes; as well as many nieces, nephews, and friends.

Teresa was preceded in death by her parents Bradley and Anna Grimes; and one baby boy Joel.

Funeral services for Teresa will be held Friday April 22, 2011 at 2:00 PM at the Brigham Funeral Chapel in Six Lakes with Pastor Zane Abberger officiating. A visitation will be at the funeral home one hour prior the service from 1:00 to 2:00 PM. A luncheon will follow the interment (Hillcrest Cemetery in Six Lakes) at the Lakeview Baptist Church. Memorial contributions in Teresa’s memory may be made to the family.

No comments: