Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Praise the Lord for FORGIVENESS!

Ephesians 4:2  With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
Colossians 3:13  Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
I have been so convicted of late about my lack of forgiveness and forbearance.  Did you know forgiveness is for past sins and forbearance is for sins being committed against you at present??  Wow, that second one is hard to practice!  The Holy Spirit really started pricking my heart when I heard about someone who was having trouble forgiving another.  As I started reading, the Lord gave me a Bible Study that I am still working on.  He showed me that it isn't just past sins I am to forgive, but present also.

Luke 17:3-5  Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him. And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him. And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.
Notice at the end, the apostles ask the Lord to increase their faith.  If we are going to forgive and forbear, we are going to need much more faith than what our human flesh can conjure up.  May the Lord help us all to forgive and forbear along our journey.

1 comment:

val said...

that is SO good!! How readily God forgives us and how slowly we forgive each other!! He is so good to empower us to be more like Him!