Saturday, November 5, 2011

Praise the Lord for My New VITAMIX!!

Last Saturday we were attending a missions conference in the area where we are staying.  The greatest preacher I know (my hubby) was preaching so I was sure to get my rest so I could be there.  After the service, the pastor said that every year during the conference they try to be a blessing and an encouragement to someone and this year they picked Kelly Johnson!!  I was shocked and totally NOT expecting it!  Randy and I went forward to unwrap the present.  The church had given me a VITAMIX!  When I was first diagnosed with the cancer, I ordered a book entitled, "The Cancer Fighting Kitchen."  The book has lots of recipes to help with the many side effects of chemo.  The author recommended a vitamix, but after checking the price online I knew that one of those was not in my near future!  The church also gave me gift cards to my local grocery store and Trader Joes! 



Today I went to one of the ladies homes in the church and another lady that works for vitamix came over.  We used it to make potato soup, pesto, rye bread, and italian dressing.  We had so much fun and I really enjoyed getting to eat the meal we created! 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Columbia Road Baptist Church.  You are truly a blessing.  Thank you Father for using these people to help meet a need in my life for healthier food!

No comments: