Monday, December 19, 2011

Zacatecus, Zacatecus, Mexico!!

Our dear friends, the Lemma Family!
December 3 we boarded a plane bound for Zacatecas, Zacatecas, Mexico.  By Noon we had cleared customs and immigration and were headed toward the Lemma's home.  I must say that it was quite different leaving for the "mission field" in the morning and being there just 3 hours later!  It was unique for us.  The Lemmas let us get situated and then Lidia, my very dear friend, took me to Walmart!!!  I told her that this was NOT the mission field.


Sunday I taught the Ladies in Sunday School and talked to the children in Lidia's junior church time.  My husband preached in the main services.


Lidia Lemma - some might know that the story "Stay in the Castle"
was written for her.  By the way, she stayed in the castle!!

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, we stayed busy preparing for each evening.  Tuesday morning we had a ladies meeting with good attendance and a lot of fun.  The ladies of the church are so very sweet and Lidia is a wonderful pastor's wife.  The Lemma's children are a tremendous blessing and help out in so many ways at the church.  Stephen is the quiet one and Abi...well, let's just say that she and I are too much alike!!!!  She and a couple other teen girls did most of the special music and skits for the conference.  It was excellent!  There were at least 5 of Br. Lemma's preacher boys that came and brought their church family with them.  My husband and I were blessed to see how the Lord has used the Lemma family in this city that sits at 8,000 ft above sea level.


Thursday and Friday we ran around and did a lot of sight seeing, eating, shopping, eating, shopping, eating....I'm sure you get the idea!  We had a wonderful time.  Saturday, December 10 we were back on board the plane and headed home.  It was a whirlwind, but it was wonderful to be on the mission field serving the Lord.  Thank you to the Lemma family and their church for having us come to be a part of their conference!  We love you all!!
Mike & Lidia - Gordita kitchen!


YES!  Even in Mexico - Starbucks!












Abi and I being silly!

Randy & I at the cable car ride.










In downtown Zacatecus
View from the cable car!










This was Wednesday night after church.  The lady behind Lidia on
right made us homemade Tamales!!  Her husband passed away
suddenly this last April.  She has such a sweet and joyful spirit!

Awwww - the fun of youth!

I can't resist a baby!!












Lidia translating for me!  Good thing she is fluent in both her native language
and my bad English!!  She did a wonderful job!



1 comment:

Ski's Lady said...

Hi! So glad to have found your blog! I just bought "stay in the castle" for a stocking stuffer for my 16yo niece and my 12 yo daughter. So glad to hear that lidia and mike are still doing the will of the Father!!!