Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Dear Friend, Hope!



What a wonderful blessing I had on Sunday evening!  Two years ago when I was diagnosed with my breast cancer, the Lord sent me a new special lady to be my friend.  The day I had my surgery, she had her annual mammogram and she discovered that she had cancer also.  Praise the Lord that two years later we are both doing wonderfully!!!

As we travelled to Florida to do some meetings and see our family, we realized that we would be passing close to where Hope lives.  We made plans to surprise her at church, but didn't tell anyone.  It was so much fun to see the dawning realization on her face when it came to her who I was!  We recognized each other right away from the pictures, but she just couldn't put it together that I was standing in front of her!  You could tell that Hope had really been praying for me and had really asked people to pray for me.  As soon as I said my name, many of them knew who I was and were so happy to meet me.

Hope, thank you for being my friend.  Thank you for your love and kindness.  Thank you for your prayers and never ceasing.  I love you!

3 comments:

Aliene said...

How nice that you got to meet Hope.
I'm sure you had a nice time.

HOPE said...

Did we ever Aliene...it was so exciting to finally meet IN PERSON!

Your brain has to process the fact that the PHOTO is there in front you to HUG...

Kelly's photo does not do justice..she looked absolutely "lovely" that evening with her beautiful curls! Just doesn't show in the photo..ladies!

God has perfect timing and he chose the best day..NEW YEARS!!

Thanking the LORD Kelly Anne for this blessing to start the NEW YEAR with the encouragement of your endurance and faith through the past two years..with such a winning SMILE. We are more than conquerors through him! We have peace for His will, His timing and His work in us.

God bless and keep you healthy this year and for the Lord's work.

Love and hugs,
HOPE

Nancy M. said...

How great this is to hear.I have been following you both off and on through this time and so glad to hear of good news...take care, love, nancy