Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Month of Love!

Randy and I on the cable car high above Zacatecas, Mexico!
Today I start my month of LOVE!!  This is my anniversary month and on the 19th we will celebrate 31 fantastic years together!!  Were they perfect?  I'll answer that with a question.  Are we perfect?  NOPE.  However, we know after 31 years that two people need not be perfect to have a wonderful marriage.  There is a lot of forgiveness, giving the benefit of the doubt, trust, and responsibility that go into a strong marriage.  This month I am going to share everyday something that I am thankful for in my marriage. MARRIAGE is a wonderful thing!! 

The most IMPORTANT part of our marriage is that we have a SAVIOUR that is strong enough for the both of us.  Years ago we read the verse in Ecclesiates 4:12 that says:  And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken. We determined that the LORD would be the third person in our marriage.  Many times my husband and I were both broken, but the LORD held strong!  Hallelujah!

Today I am thankful for a husband that enjoys doing things with me.  He has his friends, but he chooses to spend time with me doing things we both like to do. 
Randy and I in Furnas
Cooking in the volcano!

My favorite spot in the Azores that was quite a drive, but Randy always made sure that every few months he would take me there for a picnic and family time.

2 comments:

HOPE said...

HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY...and many more to celebrate!!

So happy to know about your results too..AMEN.

A great thought about posting all month on same topic..

MARRIAGE..LOVE...THE LORD...

God bless you both..
HUGS

Mary W said...

You don't know me (yet!) but I've been praying for you and Randy. I'm your official prayer partner from Faith Baptist Church in Oak Creek, WI. I've been following your blog for the last month or so, and find that we have a few things in common. For example, my husband and I will be celebrating our 31st anniversary in June! I enjoy your upbeat entries despite the trials that you have been facing. God is good! I'll send an email to Randy too, but I just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you and want to assist you in any way that we can. Feel free to email me with your prayer requests and let me know of any other needs that you or your ministry have. Blessings, Mary (marywolter@hotmail.com)