Saturday, October 6, 2012

Three Years Past!

  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:7
 
My dear friend, Kathi, who is also a survivor! She started the journey first
and then she and her husband helped us when our journey began.  This picture was taken
at a conference the end of July 2012.
It just seemed to appear three years ago as I prepared for bed one evening.  A lump.  I told my husband I thought I should have it checked out.  Sunday night I met with the ladies of our church and told them that I was headed to the doctor in the morning so please be praying, but also working as we had a missions conference fast approaching and there were many preperations to be cared for.  My husband and I went to the clinic the next morning and after a couple of hours both the doctor and the radiologist were certain that what I feared was true.  Thus began my "love affair" with the hospital!  It seemed we were always there and yet always still waiting for answers.  I knew the same as I know I am saved, that the Lord was there.  I could feel and see His hand in everything that happened the Fall of 2009.  Our guest speakers and missionaries arrived and the clouds of concern had to be pushed aside to think about a greater purpose...the lost in sin around the world.  God knows how to fill our minds with other things while we wait!  I thank Him for giving me things to do.  His timing for the waiting was perfect.  He knows my flesh and my mind.  He knows that even though He tells us NOT to worry, my flesh wins and worry becomes my platform.  However, my busyness carried me through and allowed me to enjoy the speakers and guests.  After the conference, there was more doctor visits, surgery, chemo, oral meds, nausea, nausea, nausea....and here we are 3 years later!  Whew what a ride that was!!
 
Today I sit at my computer with my hair replaced, my chemo weight gain gone, and part of my mind back!  My latest tests still show No Evidence of Disease!!  Whoo Hoo!!!  I am off the aromasin for now and trying a natural remedy for blocking aromatasse (something that feeds my cancer).  My pain level decreases slowly, which can be frustrating, but boy has my energy level increased!  Hallelujah!!!  Please be praying that the natural medicine will do the job.  I did much praying, researching, and talking to survivors using the natural meds.  I believe that I am on the right path.  However, lest anyone think that I will be mad if it doesn't, I am stating that God is NOT on trial in my life.  He has done so much and given me so much that if He decides that cancer should revisit my body, I will continue to praise Him!  I know God makes NO mistakes!!
 
Well, we are off to several meetings!  May you have a wonderful Fall!  Remember to take time to enjoy the beautiful world we live in!  Don't miss the journey!

No comments: