Saturday, December 22, 2012

Where Has the Time Gone!

The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.  Psalms 147:11 
 
I have NO clue where the time went from Thanksgiving till today.  Well, I guess I do!  My husband and our pastor, Pastor Peslak, returned from their trip to India and Randy brought a little "friend" home!  He landed on Wednesday, November 28, and by Thursday afternoon he was quite sick with fever and a multitude of other symptoms.  On Sunday morning, I knew that he was going to have to go to the Emergency Room.  Off we went to the VA hospital.  Praise the Lord it was not busy.  There were only two patients.  Within 30 minutes they had Randy hooked up to IV fluids, IV antibiotics, and taken blood and other samples.  Five and a half hours later we departed and Randy was doing much better.  It still took over a week and two different antibiotics for him to regain some of the weight he lost and his strength.
 
That is the extent of the "bad" news!  The trip to India was rewarding for all involved.  The people at Chil Chil Baptist College were so welcoming and hospitable.  I am so excited about getting to visit them in the future.  Please pray for the Christians of Northeast India, Bhutan, Nepal, China, Bangladesh, and Burma.  They need literature, training, help with church planting, and encouragement to keep going despite the many difficult obstacles the devil tries to put in their way.  Their hard work, devotion to the Lord, and tenacity, are a testimony to Christians around the World!
 
Randy with National Missionaries

Randy preaching with Interrupter!

Staff of Chil Chil

Pastor and Mrs. Wijunamai 

Wijunamai Sons
 

3 comments:

Our7isheaven said...

I love your page.....

CONNIES THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART 11 said...

Thank you so much for leaving the note on my blog a while back. I have come back to it and i want to thank you, I have loved looking over yours once again.Kelly, thank you so much for being a blessing just when I asked the Lord for one and You were that One. love you, connie

Tammy Matern said...

I loved reading your post about Bro. Johnson's trip to India. You are in my prayers. Hope things are going well with you. Tammy Matern