Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thankworthy Thursday - It's a CHOICE!


The snow from Nemo!  All this in ONE night!!
Psalms 27:13  I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.

Everyday is thankworthy, but I decided to focus one day a week where I really pay attention to all the thankworthy things in my life!  It is always amazing to me when I speak to ladies groups and ask for a testimony and NO ONE has anything to be thankful for!  "Wait," you say, "Maybe they are just shy."  Shy about thanking God for all that He has done and given, hmmmmmmmmm???  Ok, maybe you would argue the point that they just have so many difficulties going on that they can't think of anything to be thankworthy in their life.  I would have to say that I have had some difficult days in my life. Terribly difficult days in my life and yet I have always made myself look beyond the difficult and reach for the joy.  It is a choice.  I am just like any other person, I have some very bad and grouchy days.  Life just doesn't seem fair and I wonder when it will be someone else's turn to suffer the things I have had to suffer.  I really don't want anyone else having to go through my kind of trials, I just want to be done with my own!  I want to push the pain away and have it no more.  However, it seems as though my life on this earth is going to have difficult times.  Everyone is born dying and so illness and death are going to be a part of my life.  Financial hardships will come to many.  I know some people on difficult journeys right now, could I encourage you to make a choice and make yourself see the joyful things the Lord has given you?  

You are the only one who can make that decision for yourself.  If you want me to pray for you about this, please just comment below this post.  It doesn't get published until I publish it, so if you don't want it to appear in public let me know.  I will put your name on my private prayer list and delete the comment.  Make sure you put your email address in the comment, so I can contact you. 

I go back to the original purpose for my blog....Believe to SEE!! 

2 comments:

Our7isheaven said...

Love your post this morning!! We do have so much to be thankful for!

Tori said...

Thank you Kelly, wonderful post and reminder.
BTW, the snow is awesome!!!