Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wacky Wednesday - Our lovely daughter!


Someone might think that this is a strange title, but I decided that people need to know how much fun our family has and how we can laugh at ourselves! 

Today's story comes from Monday.  Christa teaches an hour north of us and comes home for the weekends.  On Monday morning at 545 am she makes the trek back north.  She goes by the house where she is staying and drops her dog and some things off before she heads to the school.  Monday she had our dog with her also as we are preparing for a trip and will be gone for a week.  At about 7:10 I received a call from her and she was laughing.  Her first words were, "Mommy, I learned a valuable lesson about why you shouldn't leave the car running with the dog inside."  My mind immediately rushed to the worst.  That the dog had engaged the engine and it rolled down the driveway into the street, but she was laughing so I immediately dismissed that scenario! She went on to tell me that the dog became excited and stepped on the lock!!!  Praise the Lord for a handy and helpful friend who was able to get it unlocked and she was not late for school. 
 
Proverbs 11:2  When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.
 
One thing Christa teaches me over and over is to laugh and learn.  So many times I am embarrassed to admit my shortcomings.  Christa is teaching me that it is so important to set pride aside.  So my admonition to you this week is to Laugh and Learn



1 comment:

Tori said...

That is too funny. Glad it wasn't your scenario after all. :0)

Laughter is truly a gift.
Btw, thanks for your encouraging words on my blog.
Hope your week is going great Kelly!!!