Friday, March 1, 2013

Faithful Friday - Friend or foe?

Proverbs 11:13  A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.
 
As I ponder today's post, I must ask myself some very difficult questions.  The verse above is talking about someone who tells the TRUTH, but reveals secrets or things that would be better left unsaid.  I have to be honest and say that I am so human in this area.  The verse goes on to say that he that is of a faithful spirit, keeps it to himself and doesn't pass it on.  I feel there are many of us who haven't been exactly trustworthy in this area.  Someone in church gets upset with a fellow BROTHER or SISTER.  They tell someone, maybe they are upset and it is quite by accident.  The person they tell takes up the cause and talks to someone else and pretty soon there are a lot of UPSET people.  The devil really likes to keep us stirred up and discontent.  It doesn't stop. 
 
 
I do know one who is faithful all the time!  He took my sins to the cross and though He knows all my dirty little secrets and short comings, He doesn't tell them to anyone.  In fact, He can't even remember what they are!!!  Hallelujah!!
 
Have we been faithful to conceal a matter? Or do we make sure that everyone knows about the problem? Let's be faithful to pray, faithful to love, faithful to be quiet.

1 comment:

Tori said...

Amen and ouch! I needed this and I too have had to battle this. Thanks for the reminder of how flawed we are and how wonderful He is.