Saturday, March 9, 2013

No Parades

Mom and Me
 
March 9 became a memory stone in my life 28 years ago.  It is a day that I won't forget and don't want to forget.  This day my lovely mother left this earth to begin her life in Heaven.  Many times when a famous person passes, we celebrate their lives very publicly.  There are parades, speeches, special days at school, etc.  Today, however, there will be no parade to remember all the wonderful things she represented in many people's lives.  Today there will be memories!  Memories of her smiling face and the caress of her hand on my cheek.  I can still remember her sitting at the piano playing while we sang together.  She would talk to total strangers in line at McDonald's, and sit for hours drinking coffee at a restaurant.  She wasn't a fabulous cook (OK, Gwen, no laughing), but we had food on the table. 
 
Proverbs 10:12b  ... but love covereth all sins.
 
I am sure there are some not so nice memories, but I choose to forget those.  My mother wasn't perfect and soon after I became a mom, I realized I was probably never going to win the "Mother-of-the-year" award!  I am very appreciative of the fact that Christa doesn't spread my "bad" things around, but loves me enough to forgive and move on.  I choose the same for my parents.  Forgetting those things behind!!!
 
I miss you Mom!  If I lived closer to your grave and had the money, I would blanket the area with ballons and flowers.  Not for you to see, as you are not there, but for the World to know how much you are loved and missed!! Thank you for all you taught me and thank you for loving me when I was unlovely!  You are my hero!!!
 
Mom and Randy
 

1 comment:

Tori said...

What a sweet tribute to your mother.
A lovely read!

Have a great week my friend!