Saturday, March 2, 2013

Stewardship Saturday - Taking Care of What God Has Given Us

Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.  
1 Corinthians 4:2

God has given us many things to enjoy in this life. He expects also that we take care of those things. That's what being a steward is .  It is taking care of things that have been entrusted to our care. I was thinking about this topic for today and it occurred to me that "days " are important to steward also!  I need to be sure that I am using my days wisely and for the best. On Saturdays I try to be a good steward by getting ready for Sunday.  Sunday is a very hectic day for my family. And so on Saturdays I try to make sure that I visit people that I've been inviting to church. I try to make sure our clothes are ready for Sunday. I even plan out what I'm going to make for dinner on Sunday. I know this sounds a little excessive but that way when Sunday arrives, I am ready for whatever the day holds. A good Sunday for me has a lot to do with how I spent my Saturday. 

Time is such an important commodity today! May we be good stewards of this precious gift.

1 comment:

Our7isheaven said...

This is so very true. Just like today we will be heading out to visit for tomorrow and prayerfully see souls saved. Love my Saturday and Sundays!! Have a great day friend!