Monday, October 28, 2013

HELLO!

Well, here I am again!  I know it has been a few days.  We have been travelling and are now in Guwahati.  Today they are having a strike in India,  a new thing for us to experience.  All stores and business' are closed as another party holds the country hostage to get the attention of the ruling party.  We really needed the rest anyway.  

I wish I could post pictures, but that will have to wait for another day.  I am borrowing someone's computer to get this typed.  We went over to the orphanage on Saturday evening for a little while.  When we arrived to the compound, the children had the road lined and greeted us with flowers and shawls.  It made me cry. They have so little and yet are so happy.  Then yesterday we spent the day there.  Randy preached several times and I taught Sunday School to the children.  The children speak English and I had a lot of fun!!  They LOVE to sing and have beautiful voices.  They have three girls there from Burma.  The staff are hard workers and the children also.  Pastor Shimrey got up and told the people how much we had sacrificed to come and visit.  I was embarrassed as I have so much compared to most.  What do I sacrifice???  Nothing.  There are several women in the compound who are recent believers and have been chased from their homes.  I know nothing of persecution.  Just daily living is hard work.  My life is so easy.  Many pastors and workers from local church plants came for the day yesterday.  What a joy to sing songs and pray with believers from another culture.  The Lord melts the differences and our spirits witness to each other.  Such a blessing.

This morning we met a couple at breakfast from Nepal.  Our conversation turned and we found they are Christians!  Very rare there!  They asked us not to share much about them as it would be dangerous.  Their faces lit up when they found out we also were Christians.  We had a sweet time of fellowship.

Well, I need to get off the computer.  Please continue to pray for our safety.  If any of you have seen any news from India about the explosions, please know that we are very safe and are VERY far from the explosions.  We love you all.  Until later.

Remember to focus on the God of the journey and enjoy the journey on your way to your destination.