Monday, October 21, 2013

Missionary Monday


Nothing says missionary Monday like packing for a trip to India! Getting ready to go to the mission field is always a daunting task. I am trying to magically reduce 80 pounds of luggage into 33! It can be aggravating. It can be frustrating. It can be overwhelming. The nice part about this trip to India, is that I am only packing for 3 weeks. However, we will be in two very different climates on the trip. I am having to pack for hot and cool!

No matter how hard you try to pack lite there's always enough stuff to fill 10 suitcases and you only have one. I remember when we were in the states for Randy's cancer. We stayed in our church's apartments for missionaries. Next door to us was a veteran missionary couple going back to the field of Nigeria with two small children. Having been through the hassle of trying to pack all the many Items accumulated during deputation into just a few suitcases, I went over to see if I could be of help. When I walked in the missionary wife was in tears and trying to figure out how she would fit all of the things that her babies were going to need on the field into the few storage container she had. Eventually we got it all packed up, but phew! What a task. 

Well, I am off to get ready for the day! Tomorrow afternoon we will go to a hotel near the airport. This will allow us two extra hours of sleep and no worries about NYC traffic!!

No comments: