Friday, October 25, 2013

People Need the Lord

I know many of you that read the title will think it is so cliche, but it is so very true.

This morning after breakfast and devotions, we headed out to a market. We stuck out in our western clothing, our white skin, and my light hair. Never before have I felt so bad for all I, we, have in America. Little girls sticking beads in our faces to buy, men trying to sell us handkerchiefs and belts, and beggars with deformed legs dragging themselves after us for anything we could give them.  I wish I had money to heal the world of all it's ills, but I don't. I do believe with all my heart that the Gospel can and does make a difference. We passed shop after shop where they had their many "gods" positioned in a place of honor, but to be honest I saw very little hope. God does not necessarily give us riches, but He certainly gives wisdom, understanding, and yeah hope.

May today always remind me of all the physical blessings I have, but also for the true joy and hope He has given me. The Lord wants ALL to have it.

2 Peter 3:9  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!! Praise God for His salvation and benefits He gives daily! Yes! Reach as many as you can while you're there! Much love and prayers, Val