Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Waiting Wednesday


I originally labeled Wednesdays as "Wacky", but today I change it to "Waiting Wednesday".  Wednesday, the day that I have had enough waiting!  Today is the day that I was waiting for when I started my projects at the end of the previous week.  I said to myself, "Self, you know that if you start this today (Thursday or Friday) nothing will be done about it or finished until Monday or Tuesday.  Those days pass and I am still waiting.

Waiting on the insurance adjuster to look at our flooded basement and tell us what they will help us do about it; waiting for the doctor to call with the referral for additional care; waiting for the glasses to arrive that I ordered at the end of a week 4 weeks ago; waiting on the car to be finished at the mechanics; waiting for my visa to be processed at the foreign consulate; waiting, waiting, waiting.  Here it is Wednesday and I still wait, rather impatiently.

Sometimes that's how I feel about the Lord's return.  Some days I am just ready for Him!  It's Wednesday and I think, "Ok, waiting should be over.  Let's go."  However, I know our Lord is long suffering!  Praise His Name!!!  He is unlimited in His patience and love.  

  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2 Peter 3:9

No comments: