Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Terrific Tuesday - Perspective

PERSPECTIVE

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
Philippians 4:11  

 I was thinking this morning, life is a matter of perspective.  We all know people that live their lives very much the same way we do.  God allows the same kinds of situations in their lives as in yours, yet somehow they think your life is easier, happier, more fun.  The verse above is key for Randy and I.  We literally have learned to be content in "whatsoever STATE" we are in; Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Ohio, Connecticut, Florida..... you get the idea.  Do I miss my home?  Of course, especially my bed!!  However, I wouldn't trade my wonderfully comfy bed for the time I get to spend seeing friends and family, and making new friendships.  I really do have a WONDERFUL LIFE!!

Today we are in the UP and it was forecast to rain all day today, but this morning we woke up to sunshine!!  Whoo Hoo!!  I love when the Lord overrides the weather forecaster!  We had a nice relaxing and productive time at our week off in Cable, Wisconsin.  No phone service, but wifi and that works for us.  Our room had a screened porch on the back, praise the Lord or else the mosquitoes would have carried us off!  They were the size of bats!!  In the mornings and evenings, we would watch deer graze through the field.  On our drives we saw a bunch of woodpeckers.  I love just watching God's creation being busy in the wild.
Woodpecker on the left tree



Our dueling computers!!!
Next we headed to Racine for the weekend to be with our very special friends, the Dingmans and Lighthouse Baptist Church.  We always have a wonderful time of fellowship and it always includes much laughter!  Sunday afternoon, we took a 7 mile bike ride along Lake Michigan and back.  It was beautiful.


Debbie & John Dingman and my Hubby


Glad we weren't trying to swim in this!




















Today we are in Ishpeming, Michigan.  We absolutely LOVE the UP and we are privileged to have dear friends to visit.  The window is open in our room, the birds are singing, and work is on the agenda. It doesn't get much better.

Enjoy the journey this week!

No comments: