Friday, November 7, 2014

Beautiful upon the Mountains

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
Isaiah 52:7

Arriving at the airport in my fancy car!
Waiting for our helo!
And we're off!
They all came out to meet us!! We felt so special!
I think they were really excited to see the helicopter!




Randy and some staff men on a break.
Just a few of the 77 women we were privileged to spend time with.
Waiting for the cultural event to begin.
The men performing a call to war dance. Made us slightly
nervous when they came closer with the machetes!
These women did a beautiful  performance reinacting their history as
farmers and weavers.

On Sunday our group boarded a helicopter bound for the Aizuto Mission Center up in the mountains of Nagaland. During landing we could see the ridges around the field where the helicopter came to rest lined with people who had come to witness our arrival! It made me smile and even brought a tear to my eye. As I disembarked, I raised my hand and waved to each group. I was thrilled to see them enthusiastically wave back.

We spent Sunday evening at Central Baptist Church.  Imagine my surprise as I read the plaque telling about the first missionary that brought the Gospel to the Sumi tribe many years ago being from Minnesota!

Monday we began our classes at 830 a.m. We had a wonderful time with the students. One of my favorite things was to hear them sing. I think when they sing that Heaven must stop and listen!! BEAUTIFUL! 

The staff and faculty prepared all of our meals and were extra careful with what they provided. We loved the fresh fruits and vegetables the most!! Spoiled is what we were. They put us up in the mission house that is now run by the government for tourism. We were all very comfortable and thoroughly enjoyed our time in the cooler weather!

On Wednesday afternoon the students put on a cultural extravaganza for us! Before they began they presented us with special woven gifts that represent the Sumi tribe. Those pictures are on the camera and will have to be posted when we return to the States. 

I always feel somewhat embarrassed by how honored they are to have us in their villages. It is we that are honored and blessed by their friendship and kindness.

We hated to say goodbye on Thursday morning. Our journey there and the time spent with them will forever be etched in my mind.  The mountains in Nagaland are truly blessed with beautiful feet!


1 comment:

Tori Leslie said...

What an incredible opportunity you've had. I can't image all the sights you've seen and what a lasting impression they'll leave on you but it's amazing to share just a little of it with you. Your photos are so interesting. I love your little car, so cute! Anyhow, stay safe and keep those reports coming,