Friday, March 13, 2015

Where has the first 3 months of 2015 GONE?!?!?!

I would say that we had an unusual series of events in our lives from December until today, but in our lives unusual is the operative word.  In December, we found out that Randy's thyroid cancer has returned.  He will be seeing the doctor again this Tuesday to determine what the next step is.  In the same week we found out that Randy's cancer was back, I was given the diagnosis of "Remission" for my cancer!!!  Whoo Hoo!!


Christa was home for Christmas.  She is always such a blessing to have around.  Our own "feet" hit the road when she left to return to Connecticut.  We stopped in Minnesota to celebrate my father's 80th birthday!  This is such a big deal since he suffered a massive stroke 4 1/2 years ago.  I am blessed to still have this time with him.  It amazes me how much self-pity he does NOT possess.  While in Minnesota we had a meeting in Pine City, now one of our newest supporting churches.  We took a longer route through Iowa back to Ohio and stopped in at Easton Baptist Church.  Also, one of our newest supporting churches.  A doctor appointment for Randy brought us back to Ohio for a weekend and then on to the South for a couple meetings.  During our time in Florida, Randy's father was diagnosed with an abdominal aortic aneurysm.  He will be having surgery on March 25th and we would appreciate your prayers for the doctor's hands and wisdom,


Randy's parents
Pretending we're golfing in Scotland!
My sister and I
We arrived back in Ohio from the South last week and have already had 5 doctor appointments between the two of us.  Besides the doctor appointments, Randy has been busy planning for India, getting caught up on paperwork, and fixing things around the house.  I managed to finish our taxes yesterday!  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!  I also finished Christa's last evening over the phone.


One last thing before I sign off.  I want to thank my very best friend and lover for the most rewarding and challenging 34 years of marriage.  Randy, you are a true gift from God.  I love you, I love our journey, and I love The God of our journey!!

No comments: