Friday, July 17, 2015

Mayonnaise and a New Change to My Blog


On Sunday I swallowed my last cancer pill. On Monday I had my last oncology appointment.  This left me in a quandary about what to do with my blog.  Wednesday night after church, we stopped by a friends to drop something off and share a new scone and hummus recipe I have been working on.  She made a comment about maybe I should write these recipes on my blog!  What a great idea!!  I decided that I would also try my hand at making a video.

Mayonnaise is the recipe of the day!  I LOVE homemade Mayo and it is so easy to make.  There are some pitfalls and I have ended up wasting oil and eggs making this delectable concoction!!  I hope this video helps.


Mayonnaise

3 whole eggs (or 5 store bought yoke only)
1 1/4 teaspoon Dry Mustard
1 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
1/4 cup Lemon Juice

Set Aside:
1 3/4 cups Oil (I use Avocado Oil)

Place first 4 ingredients into the Vitamix or blender in the order listed, reserving the Oil.  Blend the first ingredients and slowly add oil.  It will thicken even more as it chills.

No comments: